Wednesday 17 October 2012 By: Unknown

Rainbow Spider Webs


About a two weeks ago, my family had just come back from a holiday (I wasn’t able to go) and with them came the Canon 600D my dad had bought just before they left. I was so excited to use it! One afternoon, I went outside into my backyard and scoured around for something cool to photograph. There was a spider web in the garden and it was perfectly angled on it so that it reflected the sunlight. It was a pretty cool experience as I couldn’t take photos like these with my digital camera. Here’s my best photo.
Source: Me
So a few days after I took the photo, I uploaded it onto facebook so all my friends and members of my uni’s photography society could give me some feedback. One particular guy in the photography society took interest telling me that he was studying the optics of spider webs for his PHD. He asked me whether he could use my photo for his research. I definitely agreed! Any chance I get to be a part of PHD or postgraduate studies is a definite yes. I get to help a fellow scientists, I’ll probably learn something new and I may get credit for it (which is a big plus). So a few days later we met up and transferred my photos to him. 
 
Anyway! The point to this story? I’ve decided to dedicate this post to featuring photos of rainbow spider webs! Or spider webs that are reflecting the sun’s rays because they can be some brilliant photos with an amazing array of colours. Enjoy reading and have a good day! And maybe leave me a comment telling me what you think. P.s. I hope this makes up for my absence :)

Taken by me
Day 253 by: billyunderscorebwa
Hanging on rainbows by billyunderscorebwa

from: synergysci0809
Rainbow Arachnid by kstranger
Please remember that if you repost a photo somewhere or use it for your own purposes, please ask for the artists (photographers in this case) permission first and don't forget to source them! So that these amazing photographers get the credit :)



1 comments:

claire said...

I agree that's a pretty amazing picture!

Post a Comment